30 April 2012

The First Weigh-In: Fight Club Evangelism

Two weeks ago I made the decision to get my crap together and get back in shape. About two hours after that I grabbed a large bowl of ice cream and ate it in about 30 seconds. It was yummy. I felt like a loser.

Then my Dad called and proceeded to tell me a story about how he ran a couple of miles in the woods with a neighbor and how he “never thought he would enjoy it, but just loved being out there in the fresh air and exercising.”

I am about to turn 27 years old. My Dad is approaching something like 136 years old (give or take a few years). I finally came to the point where I asked myself, “Shouldn’t I be the one telling HIM these stories?”

A lot can happen in two weeks. If you don’t believe me, ask anyone who has had a child. I’ve established a workout schedule. I am consistently eating healthier foods and smaller portions. I drink a ridiculous amount of water. I have a blog. And I have been blown away by all the support I have received from all you readers. Two weeks ago I felt like a loser.

And two weeks ago I weighed 278 lbs. Today, I weigh 262 lbs.

I’m not saying that it’s all about numbers. That’s icing on the cake compared to the way I feel. I’m more energetic. I’m happier. My Kung Fu skills are coming back to me. I even successfully lifted a car with my pinky finger this morning (Okay, okay, I used my ring finger, too). And you can feel this way. In fact, I dare you to feel this way. WARNING: The Fatty Fighter takes no responsibility for sudden spurts of happiness that may result in the following:

  • Smiling
  • Laughing
  • Skipping
  • Eloping to Vegas
  • Other forms of jubilation

So here’s the challenge: You have two weeks to send me your best picture of you getting your workout on. Just post it in the comments section, or post a link, or email it to me (andrew.raynor.jones@gmail.com). At the end of the two weeks, your pictures will become part of The Fatty Fighter’s very own Fight Club. Think of it as an elite club that is dedicated to attacking fat. And the first rule of Fight Club is to tell as many people about Fight Club as you possibly can. It’s time to do a little weight-loss evangelism!

FIGHT THE FAT OFF! BE A PART OF IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment